Low Carb Starbucks Drinks
One of the all-time favorite places to stop in the morning is Starbucks and get your energy for the day. But what beverages at Starbucks will keep you in ketosis and provide a low carb serving?
For breakfast foods, you've got only this item:
- Sous Vide Egg Bites: Bacon & Gruyere 9 Net Carbs
For beverages, you have a lot of options, starting with the zero carb
- Brewed Tea – 0 Net Carbs
- Iced Coffee -all sizes 0 Net Carbs
- Fresh Filter Coffee 0 Net Carbs
- Espresso 1g Net Carb per shot
- Espresso Con Panna 1.7 g per shot
- Espresso Macchiato 1.2 to 2.4 g Net Carbs (soy, skim milk, whole milk)
- Cafe Americano – 1g Net Carb per size (4g for Vente)
- Cappucino with Skimmed Milk 7.5 to 16.2 g Net Carbs (size and milk type)
- Short Cafe Latte w/ Skimmed Milk – 9.9 g Net Carbs
- Tall Cafe Latte Soy – 9.8 g Net Carbs
- Caffe Misto / Cafe Au Lait 5.0 to 13.0 g Net Carbs (Soy, Skimmed Milk, Semi Skimmed Milk and Whole Milk)
- Iced Caffe Latte Tall with Skimmed Milk – 10 g Net Carbs
- Iced Caffe Latte Soy Tall – 7 g Net carbs
- Steamed Skimmed Milk Short – 10.2 g Net Carbs
- Steamed Semi Skimmed Milk Short – 9.6 g Net Carbs
Low Carb Starbucks Drinks To Avoid
Be sure to avoid all Iced Caffe Latte drinks, all iced Caffe Mocha drinks, as well as the iced caramel macchiato and iced Tazo Chai Tea Latte as they all have well beyond 20 net carbs each.
The same advice goes for iced vanilla latte and iced Hazelnut Mocha with Whipped Cream – not good for keto. Even the Espresso drinks are too high in carbs. Frappuccino light blended coffee is also off limits.
Low Carb Starbucks Drink Add-Ins
The following add-ins for the beverages and the net carbs you add:
- Whipped Cream Topping 1 to 3 grams net carbs (Grande to Vente)
- Flavoured Syrup 5 Grams net carb per pump
- Flavoured Sugar Free Syrup 0 net carbs
- Bar Mocha Syrup 6.4 grams for one pump
- Chocolate Topping 1.5 g net carbs
- Caramel Topping 2.5g net carbs
- Sprinkles Topping 1.0g net carbs
Looking for other Low Carb Restaurant Ideas?
Find the complete nutritional list of Starbuck menu items here.
Have you tried low carb ice cream?