Fathead Pizza Recipe With Fathead Pizza Crust Instructions
You've heard that fathead pizza is good for friends and family and with low carbs, well suited for a keto diet. You will need to be careful carb-wise with this recipe. Each slice is 6.6 g carbs, and that doesn't include any toppings.
The per slice carb count can jump up to 10 g or so when you add the toppings.
Keep that in mind when you eat, since you want to keep your net carbs below 20 g per day.
Fathead Pizza Dough Recipe
To make this fathead dough, follow the simple 4 ingredient recipe below. Make sure the pizza dough is rolled to the thickness you desire. Don't forget to poke holes in the dough with a fork to let the almond flour dough rise during baking.
Use a piece of parchment paper to keep the pizza dough from sticking to the baking sheet. The sheet of parchment is optional – you can butter a cookie tray and get the same result. If you have a pizza pan, even better. A pizza stone is best since it holds the heat perfectly.
You can use a rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough perfectly. If you don't have one, just use your hands to roll the dough.
Make the flathead dough as flat as you can – no one cares in the end.
For the shredded mozzarella cheese, if you can find well shredded cheese, it will be easier to mix the pizza dough. Sometimes putting it into the microwave a few times for 20-40 seconds will help.
It melts the cheese and makes the dough mixing a little easier.
This is a great recipe for non-keto partners and friends. It tastes every bit as good as fresh handmade pizza!
Instead of tomato sauce, you can add low cal marinara pizza sauce to keep the carbs low (recipe below).
Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe
Be sure when you bake the crust for 8 minutes that it becomes firm to the touch and perhaps slightly browned.
You will bake for an additional 8 minutes in the over after you add the toppings.
For the nutrition info of this fathead pizza crust, we publish that right below the recipe.
The size pizza this makes is 8 slices, suitable for 2-4 people. Here's the fathead dough recipe. Get your almond flour here.
Fathead Pizza Crust
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425F.Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.Remove and mix thoroughly.Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.Sprinkle in the almond flour while continuing to blend in completely. You may use a blender or mixer to assist in the blending.Once all almond flour is mixed in, remove the batter and mould into a thin pizza crust.Take a fork and poke holes into the crust to allow it to rise.Place the pizza crust directly on an oven rack and bake for 8 minutes.Alternatively, if you have a clay pizza stone, you can bake the fathead pizza crust on the clay pizza stone and place the stone on the oven rack with the crust to bake for 8 minutes.
Fathead Pizza Recipe
This fathead pizza dough recipe is most popular among new keto followers.
It lets you make this fathead pizza crust recipe and enjoy it like a regular pizza.
The microwaving and mixing might be confusing, so here's a video to show you how to do it.
This fathead pizza crust is a low carb pizza crust.
The almond flour reduces the carbs down to zero.
Fathead Pizza Toppings
Fathead keto pizza is perfect for when you have cravings for regular food. Perfect for when you want a taste of something “normal” while you are adjusting to the keto food choices.
Low Carb Marinara Sauce for Fathead Pizza
- 28 Oz Can of Pastene San Marzano Tomatoes of Sarnese Nocerino Or other low carb peeled tomato
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix well.Place over flathead pizza crust before adding any optional cheese and pepperoni
Once you have the fathead pizza crust baked for 8 minutes, remove it from the oven.
Fathead Keto Pizza Assembly
Smother your marinara sauce to cover the pizza dough completely.
Add your additional low carb toppings as you see fit, such as mushrooms, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, and so on.
Bake with all toppings in the oven for an additional 8 minutes or until your toppings look perfectly baked.
Remove, let cook 5 minutes and enjoy your fathead pizza creation.
Like this fathead pizza recipe? Why not try our beef and cabbage recipe?