We all love cinnamon rolls so much, but we would love them even more if they weren’t so fattening.
But, if you are in it to win with keto, these cinnamon rolls let you eat as much as you like without any fear of weight gain.
Keto, cinnamon, and roll are not words you expect in the same sentence. However, keto cinnamon rolls do exist and are much better than standard cinnamon rolls. Don’t worry – they taste just as delicious, if not a bit better.
The base of the recipe is almond flour, which doesn’t contain gluten, but for best results, we suggest adding gluten back in the recipe. It will make the rolls taste much better and still be free of carbs.
You can also add a bit of sugar – yes, sugar is not recommended when you’re on a keto diet, but fortunately, they yeast in the recipe will consume it all while it activates.
The recipe has 20 gr. of protein and 4 gr. fiber per serving, so it’s perfect for breakfast or dinner – you can even have it for lunch. Here’s the recipe:
Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup Wheat Gluten
- 1/2 env. Yeast
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp stevia or monk fruit
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 tsp Butter
- 5 tbsp stevia
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp Pasteurized Egg Whites
- 3 tbsp Splenda
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- ix all the dry ingredients sans for the flour in a bowl.
- Next, heat the water, milk, and butter in a microwave for about a minute, then stir in the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg in as well. Now, start forming a dough with the help of a spoon – to make it less sticky, add more almond flour.
- Start kneading the dough with your hands for about 5 minutes, then form it into a ball.
- Put a bit more almond flour in the bowl and put the dough back in, then cover the bowl with a towel and leave it in a warm spot.
- Let it rise for about an hour, then put it on a surface sprinkled with almond flour.
- It’s time to roll the dough. Take a rolling pin and make a 12x9" rectangle.
- Next, spread the butter on it nicely, then add the cinnamon and sweetener on top.
- Start rolling the dough gently, then tuck in the ends. See if there are any creases that need to be folded.
- Take a sharp knife and cut 7 pieces from the dough.
- Put them inner-side up like in the picture in a baking dish greased with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Cover the dish and leave the rolls to rise for about 45 minutes in a warm location.
- Bake the rolls for up to 18 minutes at 375F, making sure you’re not over browning them.
- Mix the cream cheese and coconut oil in a microwave dish and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla, sweetener and egg whites into the mixture and whisk everything until it’s smooth.
- Spread the glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls, and let cool 2 minutes.
- Enjoy them warm and fresh.
If you are looking for that perfect after keto pic to take, you'll want to make these keto cinnamon buns. While I couldn't find a perfect video of how to make these tasty cinnamon rolls, I did find one that isn't too far off the mark that gives you a good walkthrough:
You can use the keto calculator to figure out the extra calories with the video version.